QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
- The setasilk atelier set includes 10 assorted 45 ml bottles, 1 squirrel brush n-degree 8, 1 sponge, 1 mini palette, 1 water based gutta 20 ml gold, and a leaflet of instructions and ideas
- The setasilk colors can be used on all types of silk; they may be thinned using setasilk thinner; the colors are air dry in a few minutes
- The setasilk colors are fixed by ironing 3 to 4 minutes on the reverse side of the fabric with a hot iron; 48-hour after fixing, colors resist hand washing and dry cleaning
- For application, Pebeo recommends using pure squirrel brushes which are ideal for painting on silk as they are soft and very thin, with a high retention capacity
- Clean brushes with soapy water
Publisher: Pebeo Fabricant de Couleurs
Details: The Setasilk Atelier Set is a boxed collection of 10 assorted 45 ml bottles, water based Gutta and accessories. This is everything that is needed to paint almost any silk piece that is desired. The set is perfect for gift giving or to begin the activity of silk painting, as it includes the 10 most popular colors, a paint brush and sponge for painting and a water-based Gutta for outlining. The selection of paints includes enough paint to paint a large number of silk pieces. This is the perfect set for anyone who wants to expand their creativity to create personalized silk pieces. Setasilk is used as a traditional color and used on all types of silk : twill, pongee, crepe de chine, georgette, damask. Very easy to use, Setasilk colors can be used for all silk painting techniques : outlining, salt dusting, watercolor on dry or damp silk, crackling wax or drawing wax batik, mahaju. They keep the silk's flexibility and offer a rich, refined and very bright palette. The Lively and intense colors that are included in the range make all the classic silk painting techniques available to all. Made from resins and finely dispersed pigments, water based Setasilk colors are fluid. They fuse on silk and are easily iron fixed. colors intermix easily and offer a palette of rich and luminous tones. Conforms to ASTM D-4236.