Brand: Art Alternatives
- This set contains unbleached cotton canvas. It is ideal for many different types of medias.
- The canvas come all primed with acid free gesso. It makes these canvases ready to paint or sketch on them.
- The canvas are all back stapled. It is ready to hang and it comes with standard, easy framing.
- This canvas is designed for oil, acrylic and alkyd paints.
- It is useful for both students and professional paintings.
- 9 inches x 12 inches- Pack of 7
Publisher: MACPHERSON LG
Details: This is a nice economic set of canvases. They are a classic size that is 9 x 12 inches. The canvas works well for light paint applications, and other quick studies. The cotton unbleached weights 4 oz. The gesso is titanium white. with this application, it weights 8 oz. The entire canvas is stretched on kiln dried fir bars. This canvas can take acrylics and oil paints. It can also handle dry media. The photo here shows the canvas set that I own. I got them in order to continue with my Alice series. The price was fair, considering the size of the canvas. I hope you find this canvas set by Art Alternatives useful.
Is this canvas made just of cotton or is there any other type of material on the canvas?
All the canvases are made out of cotton. There is no other material on it, except for the acrylic gesso.
Does this canvas set need any prime?
Most economic canvases do not come with gesso.
Does this come with something to hang the painting with?
The paintings come nothing to hand it with. I do have velcro on this site. I tend to hang my paintings with velcro. It saves on nails.
What is the debt of this stretched canvas?
The width of this canvas is about half an inch.
Are these stretched canvas or panels?
The frame is made of fig wood.