Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Brand: Daniel Smith
- Preparation: Absorbent or semi-absorbent surfaces require no special prep before brushing on DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Ground. These include paper, canvas and other fabrics, wood, plaster, shells and hardboard. Non-absorbent surfaces such as metal, plastic or glass should be lightly abraded with sandpaper or steel wool before brushing on the Watercolor Ground
- Application: We recommend using Watercolor Ground straight from the container. It has a thick, brushable consistency. Use a soft-haired synthetic brush for a smooth finish or a hog bristle brush for a more textured finish. Since the ground is pigmented with Titanium White pigment, one coat will cover most surfaces; very absorbent surfaces such as unfinished soft wood may require two coats, allowing the first coat to cure before adding the second. Wash brushes immediately after use
- Curing: Let Watercolor Ground dry and cure for at least 24 hours. This allows it to attain the right degree of absorption
- Painting: Daniel Smith Watercolor Ground works beautifully with watercolors and thinned acrylics. Because it creates a surface more absorbent than paper, you will want to use less water with your paint. Experiment and see what works best for you. Also works beautifully with Daniel Smith Masking Fluid
- Finishing: As with all watercolors, your work on Daniel Smith Watercolor Ground will need to be fixed if it will not be framed behind glass. Golden Archival Aerosol MSA Varnish with UVLS is an excellent spray varnish that will protect your work on any surface. Use it at room temperature in a well-ventilated area
Details: For too long, the beautiful medium of watercolor has been confined to a paper-behind-glass niche. Now, with this exciting new ground, anything you've dreamed of painting with watercolor can become a reality. It’s easy to use—just brush it on—and incredibly versatile. DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Ground is much better than gessos and matte medium at handling lots of water and protects your paper from getting damaged from the water. It allows watercolors to be used in traditional ways to take advantage of their transparency and granulation, blending and flowing qualities which make watercolors special.
EAN: 0743162030217Note: All images/content(except the photos I took myself with the dolls) posted here are owned and provided by Amazon's Affiliate Program, Commision Junction, Awin, Etsy and Google Adsense. For more info visit affiliate-program.amazon.com and Google.com/adsense. For copyright/removal claims message email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Every brand posted here has been posted Using Amazon's Affilaite program. If your copyrighted image has been added to our catalog without your consent, please complete the form on this link. https://www.amazon.com/report/infringement .