QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
- A great introduction to the vibrant and expressive pastel medium
- Nothing beats the colorful brilliance of easy-to-blend pastels
- Pastel sticks are 2.875"L x .25"W for sweeping strokes of color
- Watersoluble pastel pencils offer the same expressive qualities as hard pastels
- 24 piece set contains a selection of Derwent pastel media
Publisher: ACCO Brands
Derwent Pastel Collection, 24-Ct. Metal TinCreate Broad Strokes and Precise Lines with this Expressive Collection of Pastel Media
Derwent Pastels are firm, smooth sticks of chunky color, providing broad, bold strokes for both painting and sketching. Their square shape and texture allows artists to use both ends, sides or edges in combination with other media to adhere to most papers. The unique colorless Derwent Blending White allows easy color blending without affecting density. Pastels are 2.875-in. L x .25-in. W. Add the details where you need them with Pastel Pencils that offer the same expressive qualities of hard pastels in a pencil format for interesting line and wash effects.
- Pastels are 2.875-inches long x .25-inches wide
- Set includes 8 Pastel Sticks: Spectrum Orange, Cadmium Red, Magenta, Ultramarine, Pea Green, Terracotta, Carbon Black and Blending White.
- Set includes 14 Pastel Pencils: Process Yellow, Naples Yellow, Maroon, Violet, Cyan, Pale Spectrum Blue, Forest Green, Emerald Green, Olive Green, Sepia, Burnt Ochre, Burnt Carmine, French Gray Dark, Titanium White.
- Also included: 1 kneadable eraser and a pastel pencil sharpener
- Sharpen using utility knife
- Also available in metal tins of 12 and 38 and a wooden box of 35
Since 1832, Derwent has been inspiring amateur and professional artists with an exceptional range of innovative fine art materials.
Full Color SelectionPastel Pencils View Larger Pastels View Larger
Pastel Pencil TechniquesBlending
You can use your finger, a paper stump or rubber shaper to blend the pastels. Several similar colors can be overlaid then blended to produce a more intense color.Mark Making
Draw diagonal strokes (hatching) of varied colors alongside one another or crisscross the lines (cross hatching) to build up colors and create a more interesting effect. Try to use a variety of marks in your work combining blending, hatching, and cross hatching to produce an interesting effect as well as portraying the subject.Lifting Out and Erasing
A kneadable eraser, used with a dabbing action, is useful for removing excess pastel and can also be shaped to lift out small areas or lines. A battery eraser is also efficient for producing detail and highlights.
Related ProductsDerwent Pastel Collection, 12-Ct., Metal Tin
Create broad strokes and precise lines. Derwent Pastel Collection, 38-Ct., Metal Tin
Create broad strokes and precise lines. Derwent Pastel Collection, 35-Ct., Wooden Box
Create broad strokes and precise lines. Derwent Pastel Pencils, 12-Ct., Metal Tin
The same expressive qualities of sticks in a more controlled pencil format. Derwent Colorsoft Pencils, 4 mm Core, 72-Ct., Metal Tin
Velvety soft for mixing and blending. Derwent Blender and Burnisher Set, Pack, 6 Count
Add points of interest to your work.