- This is a permanent varnish. It has a nice matte finish. It is designed to protect your paintings.
- The vanish can be combined with gloss varnish. It can create a different sheen when used with matte varnish.
- When it dries it will produce a clear finish. It will not yellow.
- It is ideally applied with a large, soft brush
- ACMI certified. Conforms to ASTM d4236
- The paint is safe for educational purposes.
Basic mediums and varnishes are designed for students and artists. They come at an economic price. The mediums mix well with acrylic paints. It changes the final look and feel of them. The vanish is made of acrylic resin. The Basic varnishes are permanent. So if you apply it right, you will be able to keep your paintings protected forever. The doll feature here is holding the varnish I got. I will now use the glossy vanish for the glitter, and the matte for the rest of the painting.
Can you mix vanish with paints?
It is not something I try or recommend. Still, varnish does mix well with glitter.
How long does it take for this to arrive?
The matte varnish takes 1 to 3 business days to arrive.
Can this be used to paint on wood?
I have painted on wood before with varnish. It works if the paint below is not oil based.
Will Varnish clean up with soap?
I use store brand acetone to clean up the varnish.
Can I add water to the varnish to extend it?
I would not recommend it.
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask the artsy sister about this product.