Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Author: David Curtis
Brand: North Light Books
- Orders are despatched from our UK warehouse next working day.
Number Of Pages: 128
Publisher: North Light Books
Release Date: 06-06-2013
"The advantage of painting outside is simply that you are there, 'living' the subject." --David Curtis
For celebrated British painter David Curtis, painting on location is the most rewarding and enjoyable way of working. Here, he leads you on a passionate plein air adventure, showing you how to seize the moment, focus on the essential elements of a subject, and capture the mood with speed and economy.
As atmospheric as the subject itself, Painting On Location is replete with anecdotes and gorgeous artwork. It's like sitting next to David as he works the canvas, discussing key lessons on:
- Working in partnership with oils and watercolors, taking advantage of each medium's special characteristics to make the most of your fresh air sessions.
- What to pack: having just the right equipment with you to work efficiently and effectively.
- Coping with the challenges of fleeting light and inclement weather.
- Finding a worthy subject and a personal viewpoint.
- Techniques for translating your subject in a quick and lively way.
- Maintaining a sense of place back in the studio as you finish your plein air pieces or use them as inspiration for new works.
Package Dimensions: 10.9 x 8.7 x 0.6 inches
Languages: EnglishNote: All images/content(except the photos I took myself with the dolls) posted here are owned and provided by Amazon's Affiliate Program, Commision Junction, Awin, Etsy and Google Adsense. For more info visit affiliate-program.amazon.com and Google.com/adsense. For copyright/removal claims message firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com directly. Every brand posted here has been posted Using Amazon's Affilaite program. If your copyrighted image has been added to our catalog without your consent, please complete the form on this link. https://www.amazon.com/report/infringement .