Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Author: Marie Segal
Brand: Brand: Firefly Books
- Used Book in Good Condition
Number Of Pages: 160
Publisher: Firefly Books
Release Date: 2013-09-12
A directory of mixes, colors, textures, faux finishes and surface effects.
This resource provides polymer clay artists with a library of 100 finishes and techniques suitable to a wide variety of applications. Illustrations demonstrate various combinations of the finishes, with detailed instructions on how to recreate the effect. An inspiring gallery of work by professional artists puts it all in context and provides endless inspiration.
The Polymer Clay Artist's Guide contains three sections. The first covers the types of clay and other materials, tools and equipment, and setting up a workspace.
The second section uses step-by-step color photographs to demonstrate the core techniques for working with polymer clay, including health and safety, baking, mixing, cutting and sanding.
The Directory of Effects comprises the bulk of the book. Organized by color and then by technique, there are 100 polymer clay swatches with detailed captions identifying the technique used and cross-referencing to the page showing how to recreate it. As well, the captions give ideas for how the effect might be used in jewelry and other applications.
The Directory has three major categories. Each contains a Tile Library of effects created by the world's best polymer clay artists.
- Inclusion and Additions -- Cloisonné, using leaf, powders, brushes
- Surface Effects -- Glazes, enameling, resins, tints, gels
- Texturing -- Stamps, sheets, masks, stencils, frisket, creating textures
- Screen Printing -- Making screens and tools, silk-screens, paints
- Embossing -- Relief plates, embossing, bas relief, stamps
- Carving -- Tools, sgraffito, carving through layers, incising
- Encaustic Effects -- Working with wax, covering, embedding
- Decorative Embellishments -- Securing objects of metal, wood, chain and found items
- Pavé Effects -- Combining clay and beads, rhinestones, huichol beads
- Pre-Made Clay Finishes -- Application methods and drying, liquid clays, lacquers, glazes.
The Polymer Clay Artist's Guide shows how easy it is to use traditional and innovative techniques on the simple medium of clay to produce stunning results.
Package Dimensions: 9.0 x 9.0 x 0.8 inches
Languages: EnglishNote: All images/content(except the photos I took myself with the dolls) posted here are owned and provided by Amazon's Affiliate Program, Commision Junction, Awin, Etsy and Google Adsense. For more info visit affiliate-program.amazon.com and Google.com/adsense. For copyright/removal claims message email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Every brand posted here has been posted Using Amazon's Affilaite program. If your copyrighted image has been added to our catalog without your consent, please complete the form on this link. https://www.amazon.com/report/infringement .