Brand: US Art Supply
- Miscellaneous set of 15 of the most popular brushes in the marker.
- They are perfect for acrylic,watercolor, oil and gouache paints.
- There is about 11 short handles and 4 long handle brushes.
- 11 Short Handle Brushes - #1, #2, #3, #4 & #5 Pony Round, #1, #3 & #5 Bristle Round; 1/2" Bristle Flat, 1/4" & 1/2" Pony Flat
- 4 Long Handle Brushes - 2 Pony Round; 4 Pony Flat, 4 & 8 Bristle Flat
Details: I got these brushes as part of a larger set. However, I first felt like talking about the individual brushes. This set is ideal for those who are like butterflies with their artworks. If you are poly-talented, this is the ideal set. Also, if you are just curious and just sampling all styles of painting, this works just as well. The brushes have colors in the bottom to show what style the belong to. I hope you find them useful.
Can these brushes also work for calligraphy?
We do have calligraphy brushes, I would not recommend this set to practice calligraphy.
Does this brush set ship from the US?
The company is set in California and so the products ship from the US. Also, amazon has a lot of storage buildings all over the country. So it is a good chance it can arrive quickly.
What do the numbers mean on the pencils?
The numbers refer to wigth and dexture of the brushes. Treat it like the H and Bs of the coloring pencils.
What is gouache?
Gouache is a type of paint that is like watercolor, but with richer, stronger colors.
What does the colors beneath the brushes mean?
The colors refer to the types of paints each brush can take. The packaching includes all the information regarding its usages.